Wednesday 27 July 2016

By 121 News

Chandigarh 27th July:-  Noted actor Zakir Hussain, who has earned accolades for his acting prowess over the years on the silver screen has been roped in to play a pivotal role in Zee TV's weekend show 'Ek Maa Jo Laakhon Ke Liye Bani Amma'. Otherwise known for his hard-hitting portrayals of negative characters in films, Zakir will be seen essaying a positive character of an honest & strict police commissioner called K.M Dayal for a change – A tough cop known for eliminating crime and terror wherever he is posted. Not one to give up easily, Dayal knows how to turn situations around with his smart, quick thinking approach. As per the upcoming track, he will be seen posted in Bombay and will be determined to put an end to crime and illegal activities in the city.

Having won audiences & critics over with his impactful performances in films, the NSD graduate Zakir is all set to deliver yet another power packed act with his latest stint on television as commissioner K.M Dayal.  Zakir Hussain shared that the unusual storyline and my character were the prime reasons I opted for this show as it is very different from the kind of shows one generally sees on television. Apart from the fabulous script, we have a stellar ensemble cast & technicians with a strong body of work in films and television. I keep on getting lot of offers for television but I did not want to opt for something run-of-the-mill because as an actor what matters to me is the graph of my character and the impact it has on the viewers. When I was narrated the role of a commissioner, I agreed instantly. The show is set in an era which as an actor I haven't explored before. My role of K.M Dayal is a smart thinker & a tactical person, who with the deft use of his mind, tries to control the dynamics of the underworld."

On being asked whether he would do a daily soap, the talented actor shares, "I am open to working in any medium as long as the character is challenging and I am able to devote enough time to do the justice to the role."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment